Naughty or Nice?
|My Little Pony||
My dogs kept getting in my way while I was doing some gardening so I guess they wanted to get photographed.
- Writing Tool #1: Branch to the Right
- Writing Tool #2: Use Strong Verbs
- Writing Tool #3: Beware of Adverbs
- Writing Tool #4: Period As a Stop Sign
- Writing Tool #5: Observe Word Territory
- Writing Tool #6: Play with Words
- Writing Tool #7: Dig for the Concrete and Specific
- Writing Tool #8: Seek Original Images
- Writing Tool #9: Prefer Simple to Technical
- Writing Tool #10: Recognize Your Story’s Roots
- Read the rest of this entry »
|101 Simple Meals Ready in 10 Minutes or Less||
1 Make six-minute eggs: simmer gently, run under cold water until cool, then peel. Serve over steamed asparagus.
2 Toss a cup of chopped mixed herbs with a few tablespoons of olive oil in a hot pan. Serve over angel-hair pasta, diluting the sauce if necessary with pasta cooking water.
3 Cut eight sea scallops into four horizontal slices each. Arrange on plates. Sprinkle with lime juice, salt and crushed chilies; serve after five minutes.
4 Open a can of white beans and combine with olive oil, salt, small or chopped shrimp, minced garlic and thyme leaves in a pan. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are done; garnish with more olive oil.
5 Put three pounds of washed mussels in a pot with half a cup of white wine, garlic cloves, basil leaves and chopped tomatoes. Steam until mussels open. Serve with bread.
|Lauryn Hill & Floetry||
It was said to me the other day that Carribean dick will make you go insane. I’m not even gonna lie… that shit is true but here’s picture proof.
Flared nostrils and all… ya smell me?
What the hell is Lauryn on?
In other music news:
Natalie “the Floacist” Stewart has left the group Floetry but “Floetry” itself has not come to a kaputz. Marsha “the Lyricist” Ambrosius is still one half of the duo while Amanda Diva (Fab spoken word/rapper diva, MTV2 VJ, TV Personality) has taken Natalie’s place. My hip hop heads know about that 40 Emcees”. Reasons for Natalie chunking the duece are not clear but according to Amanda Diva…it has nothing to do with lesbian activities gone wrong.
I’m crying on the inside now.
What my baby might look like (roughly)
As an Asian girl
The Wild Rose
Random Brutal Love Dreamer
Colorful, but unpicked. You are The Wild Rose.Prone to bouts of cynicism, sarcasm, and thorns, you excite a certain kind of man. Hoping to gather you up, he flirts and winks and asks you out, ultimately professing his love. Then you make him bleed. Why? Because you’re the rare, independent, self-sufficient kind of woman who does want love, but not from a weakling.
You don’t seem to take yourself too seriously, and that’s refreshing. You aren’t uptight; you don’t over-plan. Romance-wise, sex isn’t a top priority–a true relationship would be preferable. For your age, you haven’t had a lot of bonafide love experience, though, and this kind of gets to core of the issue. You’re very selective.
The problem is them, not you, right? You have lofty standards that few measure up to. You’re out there all right, but not to be picked up by just anyone.
“You’re never truly single as long as you have yourself.”
ALWAYS AVOID: The Bachelor (DGSM)
CONSIDER: The Vapor Trail (RBLM)
I survived Harry Pottery day (and it was pure hell), the busiest day at UPS. It’s been pure hell ever since my sexual harassment situation (He was fired for multiple sexual harassment charges and forgery but then got his job back a few weeks ago). I’ve switched supervisors 3 times, had problems with management, been cited several times, and worked so much overtime that I basically live at UPS. A lot of things are gonna change in the upcoming weeks but I already put my bid in for a shift change so I’ll escape most of the bullshit. My supervisor from Dallas has only been in OKC for a couple of months and already she’s been demoted because she made the biggest mistake possible… she fucked up on “Harry Potter Day” so now she’s been sent to the “Tower”. We have no idea what the Tower is but if you never want to move up in the company, that’s exactly where they send you.
My boss, my protector, put in his 2 weeks notice today. He’s the only reason why our operation runs half way decent but without my boss, the supervisors can do whatever they want without recourse. Since I’m switching shifts, I have few connections to help me if I get into trouble again so I have to keep my nose clean. I’ve already worked with the 5-9pm shift and they all seem aight so I shouldn’t get into much trouble but ya never know with me. I already have a problem with the security guard and I’m most likely to beat his ass. Other than that, I’m good.
Since all of this drama is going on, I’m supposed to be checking on new jobs and certifications but there’s a lot of fear in me that I can’t override just yet. I’d have to go back to school which is the last thing on this planet that I wanna put myself through again even if it is only for a semester. Gotta do what I gotta do, I suppose. But its not like its the only thing I’m dealing with.
For the most part I’ve isolated myself again and think that I’m better off this way. I’ve been screwed over so much in 2007 enough to last me for a couple of years. I just think that I’m not cut out for friendships and I’ve given up on the notion that I need to keep improving socially or that I need to keep searching for different ways to find people that want to be my friend. I’m less anxious not caring, plus I have other things to worry about.
My parents have been going at it like cats and dogs for weeks, I’m by myself 95% of the time (5% comes from the time I’m at work) so I rarely get touched, Rollerderby is still causing issues, my job is sucking more and more each day, and I go days without sleeping (I just went all of last week with no more than 2 hrs sleep – this is the worst sleep has ever been). I get wild headaches, lift boxes at work until my body is completely exhausted, haven’t had sex in a year, I can’t drink alcohol because of meds and I quit smoking. I am getting absolutely nothing out of life. And shits gonna hit the fan when I enroll back in school. Please, shoot me.
|Pearls of Wisdom||
“Fourteen Things That It Took Me Over
50 Years To Learn” by Dave Barry
- Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
- If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings.”
- There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.”
- People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
- You should not confuse your career with your life.
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
- Never lick a steak knife.
- The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
- You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
- You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
- There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
- The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.
- A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
- Your friends love you anyway.